Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Negative Film Question (Pac Lab, not Pro8mm)

  1. #1
    tfunch24
    Guest tfunch24's Avatar

    Post

    Since Pac Lab now sells the Pro8mm negative stocks (though they don't process it; Pro8mm does that), I thought I'd pick up a roll of negative film and try to transfer it on my own, using the techniques that posters have described on this board.

    One question: when Pro8mm (or any lab offering negative film) processes your negative film, do you get it back on a reel like reversal film, or do they hold it hostage until you cough up the money to pay for the Rank transfer?

    Tom

  2. #2
    TA 152
    Guest TA 152's Avatar

    Post

    Check; http://pro8mm.com/us/pack_frm.htm

    topa r3 c2

    Processing only no transfer. Back on a reel unconditional I asume.

    I know the "package deals" comes back on reels as well as DV or BETA or whatever video format cassette you preffer.

    R

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 09, 2002 06:28 AM: Message edited by: S8 Booster ]</font>

  3. #3
    tfunch24
    Guest tfunch24's Avatar

    Post

    Thank you very much.

    I know the cost of film included processing and did not include Rank transfer. I just wondered if you got the film back on a S8 reel or not.

    I've got to stop posting so early in the morning; it's just one of the banes of working third shift.

    Tom

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Jerome Cain's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2002
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Pro8mm will cost me 207.95 dollars for only three rolls of colors negative since I found yale do process that cost me 177.75.dollars. I want format on dvd that pro8mm charge me 25 dollars and yale charge only 4.95 dollars. try yale for colors negative process and transfer,... Pro8mm is expensive... Jerome

  5. #5
    tfunch24
    Guest tfunch24's Avatar

    Post

    Don't get me started on Yale.

    I've never violated any of their guidelines, I'm not filming anything they'd consider taboo, but I'm still not using them.

    Don't ask why, either.

    Tom

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 09, 2002 03:57 PM: Message edited by: tfunch24 ]</font>

  6. #6
    tfunch24
    Guest tfunch24's Avatar

    Post

    Just to add to my last post:

    I'm only having processing done by whomever Pac Lab outlabs to (heck, I might just throw caution to the wind and just deal directly with Pro8mm). I'm going to try doing the transfer myself with my own telecine transfer equipment and utilizing the techniques that have been discussed on this board.

    As far as I know, Pro8mm is the sole provider of S8 negative film--no matter what vendor sells it to you. Correct me if I'm wrong but that $35 w/processing included is the standard price, no?

    Enlighten me if I am incorrect in my assumptions.

    Tom

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 09, 2002 04:14 PM: Message edited by: tfunch24 ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    you can buy Vision 200 negative from Kodak.

  8. #8
    tfunch24
    Guest tfunch24's Avatar

    Post

    Stupid me. I forgot about Kodak's Vision 200T stock.

    Tom

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Jerome Cain's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2002
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got 200T from kodak. Pac Lab just informed me that they do not process colors negative. i've found only two places are pro8mm and yale. Which one would be reliable, Not speak of price but images?

  10. #10
    tfunch24
    Guest tfunch24's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Jerome Cain:
    Pac Lab just informed me that they do not process colors negative. i've found only two places are pro8mm and yale. Which one would be reliable, Not speak of price but images?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I never said Pac Lab processed negative film; I said they outlabbed it to Pro8mm.

    I don't know which lab would yield a higher quality image. Anyone?

    Tom

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •